We all know that feeling. The pit-in-your-stomach, The I don’t know how I could ever afford this feeling; BUT you feel the undeniable calling to adopt. Trusting in the Lord’s provision with complete abandon is easier said than done, but His Word is filled with sweet promises. If it is His Will, it will be done!
“And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him.”
Have no fear, folks! We are here to help with a few fundraising ideas for your adoption.
1. Support Letters: Mailing out letters to your friends and family to ask for support in any way (that may be financially or support through prayer if they are unable to give financially), is a great way to start your fundraising campaign. You know these people. You love these people. These people love you.
2. Online Networking: Use those free resources! Social media is a great way to show your fundraising needs to a HUGE audience, without the huge price tag. Create a Facebook page and keep it updated with your fundraising needs, or start a cool blog! Everyone loves a good blog. 😉
3. Just Love Coffee. This website is so awesome! Every cup of Just Love Coffee you drink has a portion of its proceeds go to someone who could use a helping hand. In our first two years of business we have given over $200,000 to adopting families, non-profit organizations, and the arts. You can visit their website here.
4. Become an Amazon Affiliate: This is such a simple way to combine your personal blog and fundraising efforts. Just put a link on your blog or other social media outlet, and people shop Amazon through it for you to receive 10% of their purchase cost! Click here to sign up.
5. Fundraising Events: Ask your church to use its next spaghetti dinner as a fundraising event towards your adoption, or ask your local high school’s basketball team to donate $1 of every ticket sold at its next game. These are little things that add up to equal BIG things!
6. Use Your Gifts: Are you extremely crafty? Sell your product on Etsy, Ebay, or local Yard Sale Sites! Love to take pictures? Hone your photography skills and book mini sessions to fund your adoption! We all have God-given gifts. Let’s use them!
We hope this post will kick-start your fundraising efforts and inspire new fundraising ideas!
An Open Door